Developing Business and Community Leaders
“Leadership Lake Oswego is the premier educational program of the LO Chamber of Commerce. It offers you a unique opportunity to develop leadership abilities and insights with other key leaders in a yearlong, mobile class environment. While the experience focuses on personal and professional growth, the businesses and organizations whose employees successfully participate in the class also experience enhanced community relationships and new marketing opportunities. Get a closer, more personal look into your city and the many ways you can connect and make a difference!”Keith Dickerson, Leadership Lake Oswego Director
- Achieve personal and professional growth, and develop individual leadership skills and abilities.
- Discover meaningful opportunities for businesses, organizations, and individuals to make connections and build mutually beneficial relationships.
- Develop into insightful, civic-oriented leaders who are interested in helping shape and direct the future of Lake Oswego.
- Demonstrate what you’ve learned by participating in a group legacy project and providing leadership to the following years’ class.
Your 2019-20 Leadership Tri-chairs:
Tanmaya Bingham, Kelly Bishop, Emma Burke
- To fully realize the benefits of Leadership Lake Oswego, members should commit to attending every session. Business and community leaders give generously of their time and expertise as a resource for class members.
- The schedule includes a preliminary reception with past Leadership “alumni” on Thursday, September 5 ending with graduation on Thursday, June 11. The meeting schedule is generally the third Thursday of the month from 8 am to 4 pm with a couple of exceptions: September 19 – retreat out of Lake Oswego; October 17; November 21; December 12; January 16; February 20; March 12; April 16 and May 21.
- Leadership classes engage in a community legacy project that allows them to give back to the community
IT‘S NOT TOO EARLY TO PLAN FOR THE CLASS OF 2020 –Mark your calendar for the first class, September 19, 2019 (9/19/19). Enrollment opens January, 2019.