Our activities are designed to connect you with potential clients and customers. Chamber members typically meet Friday mornings, with some Networking events taking place in the evening. We meet at a different member business each week, bringing together an average of 50 business leaders each week, making it one of the largest networking groups in the metro area! In addition, there are a host of Chamber events, committees and task forces throughout the year that offer members a chance to make new contacts and friends, positioning their business to be the first choice for a customer’s needs.
Members can promote their business through a variety of means:
- Business Directory: The Chamber’s Business Directory is Lake Oswego’s most sought after resource for business information, printing 10,000+ copies per year with information duplicated on two websites for increased visibility.
- Community Map: One side of this full color glossy map features the Lake Oswego city limits, highlighting street names and points of interest. The other side places Lake Oswego within the context of the metro region. Borders of the maps include business advertising, a calendar of events plus pictures and copy about Lake Oswego. Advertising opportunities on the map tend to sell out quickly – be sure to send a note about your interest as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sponsorships: Sponsorships are available for all Chamber events and programs, providing an excellent way to link your business to a positive event or program that is highly regarded by the Lake Oswego community.
The Chamber advocates for businesses at City Hall, before the County Commissioners, Metro, state legislators and your congressional delegation. We actively support businesses looking to relocate to Lake Oswego and help existing businesses that are seeking information or solutions to issues affecting their business.
Both political and community leadership are demonstrated by the Chamber’s active partnerships with the:
- City of Lake Oswego
- Lake Oswego School District
- Lake Oswego Corporation
- Lake Oswego Downtown Business Council
- Lake Grove Business Association
- Lakewood Center for the Performing Arts
- Oswego Heritage Council
- Lake Oswego Library
- Lake Oswego Foundation for the Arts
- Neighborhood Associations
- Lake Oswego Sustainability Network
Housed at the Chamber office, providing a center for information on member businesses, local lodging, dining and shopping as well as local, county, regional and statewide tourist attractions. The Chamber works closely with Travel Portland and the Clackamas County Tourism & Cultural Affairs Department.